Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Generations

Generations
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel

$1200.00

It all started with a visit to see my cousin Mary Ellen in Maryland.  We get together every so often to have an art day.  It always involves lots of art, laughter and good food!  On this visit I had the presence of mind to load my car with some of my hats from my prop closet and a couple of my kimonos just in case anyone was up for a photo shoot.  My good fortune continued when I realized that Virginia, Alice and Alvah we also going to join us.  After a respectable amount of time at the work table I approached everyone with the option to add a photo shoot to the fun.  They were all game and tried on hats and kimonos and posed for me.  What fun! Alice pulled out her violin and posed and even got some great shots of her Dad playing his guitar!  When I am not fortunate enough to have a live model in the studio...I opt for my fabulous collection of inspirational photos.  

Here we have Virginia and Alice...grandmother and granddaughter.  They were both so much fun trying on hats and kimonos.  I love the relationship between these two.  The love and respect is obvious.  I worked on this off and on for the last couple of months and may work on it some more...but for now I am going to call it done. 

In other news, we are getting ready for our move to North Carolina.  I have been cleaning things out.  I don't believe my studio has EVER been so clean!  I purged the space of my rejected paintings and put things away.  Of course now I can't find anything!  

1 comment:

  1. Great painting! Don't you just love it when the stars align and you can create the art you long to create!?

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!