Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sue - National Military Spouse Network


Sue
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel
NFS

Sue Hoppin is the founder of the NMSN, National Military Spouse Network.  It is a networking and professional development organization supporting military spouses who balance their own goals and ambitions with the military lifestyle.  

I met Sue recently through our mutual facebook friend, Carrie Roets Waller.  Carrie is an accomplished and award winning watercolorist.  Sue is organizing the third annual National Military Spouse Network Summit and this year will feature a Military Spouse's small works exhibit which I will curate.  That is what brought Sue and me together...Carrie and her recommendation that I curate this show with her.  I am very excited.

Then I met Sue in person and found out that she is a bundle of energy, ideas, and she can make things happen.  So the first Annual NMSN art show will be during the Summit on October 19th at the Mary Gates Learning Center in Old Town Alexandria.  It is going to be a great show and a great networking event.  

After meeting Sue and hearing all her wonderful ideas I was compelled to try and capture that spirit on canvas.  Sue has a shock of long, thick, black tresses that are absolutely gorgeous.  I loved painting this one...I am pleased to say that she loves the painting also.  

So I continue...painting smiles AND it counts as a Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 entry!!! Yayyy...winners all around.




3 comments:

  1. I can see why Sue loves it! This Sue loves it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being around energetic people like that. I'm always in the hope some energy will rub off on me. so far it hasn't... nice energetic work Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way caught her hair in movement. The background color works so well with the figure. Edges are lovely. I have three nephews in the military at the moment and I imagine their wives and tiny children are stressed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!