Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just Another Gig

Just Another Gig
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel
$400

The source for this painting was taken when I was in England at a friend's wedding.  The event was marvelous...I really got a small taste of non-touristy British life...right down to the fish and chips at the rehearsal dinner!  The wedding was fabulous and the reception so much fun.  This musician was part of a 4 person ensemble including a sousaphone, banjo and clarinet.  The musicians personalities were priceless ranging from "over the top" to "worn out."  I plan on painting the whole band in the future...it is on my short list!!




5 comments:

  1. Really a well captured moment Maria. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, this is wonderful! Terrific "moment in time" capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this fellow. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully painted, Maria. He looks so exhausted after his gig!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his gesture and his pants pulled up above his ankles. I can feel how weary he is. Looking forward to seeing all the musicians.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!