Saturday, November 8, 2014

Daddy

Dad
9 x 12
Oil on Raymar Panel

It is no secret I love painting portraits of my family and my Dad has been on my mind lately so I decided to paint him.  My brother, Dan, is a photographer and took this picture of Dad a while back.  My Dad has said a rosary every day of his life for as long as I can remember.  We said rosaries on long car trips.  Back in the day when we would drive cross country he would stop to pick up hitchhikers and as soon as they got in the car he would announce "we're going to say a rosary."  He always included an invitation to join in and most of the time they did!  

The picture of my Dad with a rosary in his hand is very poignant and very typical.  

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and emotional post, Maria! As far as the painting... I think it is one of your best...it shows so much emotion....I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is very special as it tells a deep and emotional story of your father. No value can be placed on this painting. It touches all of us, even though we don't know your father.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!