Monday, April 1, 2013

Bandaid - Portrait of Lucy

Bandaid
20 x 24
Oil on Canvas

This is one of my grand nieces, Lucy.  Lucy and her sister Vivi have been my little muses for a few years now and I never tire of painting them. When they visit they often dress up in tutu's and pose for me.  This particular time Lucy sat in my favorite little white wicker chair and told me exactly when I could take her picture.  She kept mentioning that she had a bandaid on her leg...so I figured it should be an important part of the composition.

This piece will be featured at Lorton Workhouse Arts Center in Gallery 902 for the month of April.  

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little one. So precious and she seems to be precocious and shy at the same time. Love how she dictated her pose. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria this is wonderful. How great is it that you have such adorable and willing models?

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!