Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kelley MacDonald - 30 artists 30 days

Kelley MacDonald
8 x 10
Oil on Raymar Panel

I met Kelley MacDonald at a Karin Jurick workshop on Hilton Head Island.  Along with Linda Popple and Sheryl Lott we spent the week painting, exploring the island, taking source photos and laughing...mostly laughing!  We talked about our past art experiences and what we planned for our future.  Kelley is the person who encouraged me to start a blog and set goals for my art journey.  She has been an amazing influence in my life.  I took this picture when we were on a pier on Hilton Head and she was setting up to take pictures of some gulls.  I have always had it in my "pile to paint someday" but never seemed to let it float to the top.  This is the perfect time to feature it!  

These paintings of artists are being painted for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  I am painting 30 artists...some I know...some I just know of.  

3 comments:

  1. I recognized Kelley first thing!! Great job, Maria! It was a fantastic time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so intent and you really did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this side profile ... and the folds in the fabric looks wonderful Maria. It looks like it was a fun one to paint.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!