Wednesday, January 2, 2013

30 paintings 30 days - series 2 Artists


Debra Bryant
6 x 6
Oil on Raymar Panel

Leslie Saeta issued a challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.  Just off the heels of my previous 30 in 30 challenge I decided to dive in again.  My first series depicted the stages of life.  I wanted a theme for this series so I decided on "Artists".  I messaged and emailed artists to request a photo to paint.  This will get me out of my comfort zone and make me paint things I normally would pass up for various reasons.   I have been surprised by the responses...so many generous artists offering their photos.  I could not have imagined such a positive response.

Then the fear of having to paint all these portraits hit...AACK!!!  What was I thinking????  Well, I like to live out of my comfort zone and this certainly fills the bill.

First up is Debra Bryant.  She was the first to send in a photo and wish me well on my second 30 in 30 painting journey.  

Well, another day and another portrait awaits!  

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love her eyes, they sparkle with kindness and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation Maria. You did a beautiful job with this and I am happy to help you with your inspiration. Can't wait to see some of my other artist friends painted with your loving enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, Maria! I like the addition of the cat. And good job with the skin tones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start with your challenge Maria, love the expressive brushwork!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!