Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dot Courson - 30 paintings in 30 days challenge

Dot Courson
6 x 6
Oil on Raymar Panel

I have had such fun with this Challenge of painting 30 paintings in 30 days - Artists series.  I am learning about new artists and getting to know artists I am already familiar with.  Leslie Saeta and the hundreds of other artists are still going strong...check out all the beautiful artwork on Leslie's Blog.

When I was thinking about what to paint, Kathy Cousart mentioned painting artist's "mugs" because she knows I love to paint portraits.  She also encouraged me to ask artists I didn't really know.  Dot Courson is one of those artists.  I have seen her on facebook and admire her work but really had no other connection.  When I sent a request for a photo for my project she replied immediately!  I was so pleasantly surprised.  She was very encouraging it made me even more excited to get started!  Visit Dot's blog to see her Year in review!

Off I go to paint another artist!!!


1 comment:

  1. I really like this one Maria ... and thank you so much for the introduction to Dot and her work. She looks like such a fun person.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!