Tuesday, October 18, 2016

PCS...Permanant Change of Station

 

PCS=Permanent Change of Station
24 x 30
Oil on Canvas

Permanent Change of Station or PCS is what happens to military families every 2, 3 or 4 years.  It is a way of life. 

This is another of my Military Spouse Series.  I began this piece so long ago I can't even remember but I always thought it needed something else.  It has been critiqued by more people than any other piece I have even painted.  It has been reworked time and time again.  I tackled it again this week and decided it is done.  It is depicting a mood.  It is a place I have been many, many times as have millions of other military spouses.  It is moving day.  It doesn't matter if the moving is to or from the current location...the feeling is the same.  It is a feeling of being overwhelmed.  It seems like unsurmountable obstacles in the path to move forward...but it all gets done...it will be fine. 


2 comments:

  1. I sure sense what you're trying to convey, Maria. I really feel for our military families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, As a military spouse, I knew what this was before reading your description. Your painting is filled with symbolism and feelings, this is an Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!