Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Maria Bennett Hock - Self portrait

Maria February 2016

11 x 14
Oil on Raymar Panel

When I am between projects I usually paint a self portrait.  I do it because I am the model that is most available to me any time I need one, it is good practice, and it gives me time to think about my next project.  As I am just finishing a large double portrait that has been very time consuming and am getting ready to start another series I decided a self portrait was in order.  So today I set about trying to find my likeness once again.  When I post my self portraits, as I often do on FB (though I don't post all of them ) I am met with specific criticisms.  I am often told I don't look like what I portray.   Of course a good critique is always welcome.  :)  My only response is that I paint what I see...what I feel and what my abilities allow me to paint.  I am doing the best I can.  With that said...here is my latest self portrait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!