Thursday, July 16, 2015

Flower girl

Flower Girl
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel

$1200

This little flower girl stole my heart!  She is adorable.  I love the soft wrinkles in her dress...the gentle way she is pulling at the material and her inquisitive look.

Sometimes I paint with a mission...I paint salutes, I paint military families.  When I create those pieces I want to tell a story that creates an awareness.  I want people to realize the sacrifices our military members and their families face for the love of country.  

With this piece, I still want to tell a story...it is just a story of a happy little girl at a beautiful wedding.  It is her chance to be a princess for a day.  As I said...she is adorable. 


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I so wish you could join us for Juan's Sept. workshop!!! When he said child portraits I immediately thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!