Wednesday, December 17, 2014

All I want for Christmas!

"All I Want for Christmas"
10 x 10
Oil On Raymar Panel

$150

The Christmas season is such a magical time of year.  I love the hustle and bustle of the season...but most of all I love the generous and giving feeling it seems to generate.  The smiles, the random acts of kindness and giving nature of season is contagious.  No matter what religion or beliefs you have it is a nice time of year to think about others.  

When I painted this piece I could just imagine what this little girl was telling Santa...the list of wonders she wanted placed under the tree to delight her on Christmas morning.  I can also imagine her wanting peace, happiness and love for all.  

A few years ago I started concentrating on random acts of kindness.  It may be paying for someone's coffee, someone's meal at a restaurant or just leaving some money for the restroom attendant.  Small things that brighten people's day.  Most of these are done anonymously...It makes my heart happy and makes me enjoy the holiday so much more than ever.  




1 comment:

  1. Your work always shines Maria. Seems you are a secret Santa in your own way.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!