Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pirouette - Tiny Ballerina


Pirouette
9 x 12
Oil on Raymar Panel

I am always looking for inspiration and when little ballerinas visit I have a collection of tutu's for them to try on and play with.  They dance and twirl and I snap away with my camera.  I love the movement in this one.  She was visiting while I took photographs of her sister for a portrait.  After the session with her sister was over and we were talking/playing I snapped some pictures of her practicing her ballet moves.  

I love the way children dance without any reservations or fear of judgement.  So...my wish for you, this Valentines's Day...is that you dance...

I know I will...


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so innocent. Live that cotton candy pink! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job in capturing the energy in her dance!

    And to you - Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And what a great idea about the Tutus. Also love the photo of you and your (grandson?) on the right. You should paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Maria! I feel the movement!!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!