Sunday, March 20, 2016

selfie - graphite on sketch paper



This is graphite on a 9 x 12 piece of sketch book paper.  And by graphite I mean a #2 pencil.  I started sketching with #2 pencils because they are so readily available and I usually have one in my purse.  I sketch selfies quite often because I want to practice...I want to practice facial features and gestures...and I am the only one available...so I sketch myself.   I try to sketch my husband in the evenings when we are relaxing and watching TV...but sometimes he moves too much.  I am working on sketching when my model moves and can get a reasonable likeness...sometimes I keep two or three sketches going hoping he will settle back into a previous position.  It is a challenge...a challenge I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!