Thursday, January 9, 2014

Renee from life session 1


Renee from life, session 1
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel

My dear friend Renee has consented to model for me! I am so very excited.  She is an elegant woman with long beautiful gray hair, fabulous bone structure and wonderful personality!  She arrived at 9:30 and I set up in my dining room.  I love the light that floods through my dining room window so it is always my first choice when setting up from life! Of course my husband wishes I would leave my paints in my studio…but sometimes the studio expands into my living room.  

Renee is delightful to talk to and we chat as I paint.  I couldn't be more pleased with the whole experience.  This is the first sitting and I am pretty pleased with the block in and composition.  I originally had flowers and scattered letters on the table but decided I was diluting my vision with unnecessary props.  I moved my easel closer and honed in on her face and hands.  I am so happy with that decision.  

I look forward to session 2 on Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. Maria I loved reading this blog post. I like hearing about why ….. You know, the story behind the painting. Two things I really like about this so far is her hands and the drape of the fabric. Can't wait for session 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, Maria! Renee makes a wonderful model. You are going to make her famous!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!