Saturday, January 16, 2016

Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter 
20 x 16
Oil on Raymar Panel


A while ago I was fortunate to attend a fabulous photo shoot featuring women dressed in period outfits from World War II.  The women posed on steam engines, in railroad yards depicting railroad/engineering work that was typical of the day.  The shoot was in Pennsylvania.  It was a wonderful opportunity to not only take some great action shots, but also to learn more about the history of these great women who held down the fort and contributed to our fight for freedom.  The shoot was arranged by Lerro productions.  It was very well done with plenty of opportunity for close ups, figurative, and action shots.  The models were professional and played their parts perfectly.  The day could not have been more perfect.  

This painting is the result of one of those shoots.  I had a great shot of the machine and background...the model looked great.  To get skin tones and hand gestures I still rely on myself...mirrors...life...to get the gesture just the way I want it.  I am learning so much.  


4 comments:

  1. What an opportunity for you! I love this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, all your paintings are fabulous. I look forward to seeing this series from the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of your best yet Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds fab - must see if anyone does anything similar around here - or arrange it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!