Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ballerina - Pointe Shoes


Ballet

Sold

My cousin's daughter takes ballet...What a treat for me!  She agreed to come over for a photo shoot.  I took dozens of pictures of her with long tutu's, short tutu's, leotards and...most importantly Toe shoes...which I found out are REALLY called Pointe Shoes.  She is a beautiful girl and a fabulous model.  Her body lines and expressions were more than I could have hoped for.  It was a wonderful day.  Since then I peruse the photos often selecting different ones to paint.  I have painted her about 8 times...only two will ever be seen by the public ;)...but I have had a ball.  This is my favorite.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Maria! You really have perfected the tutu!! It looks so delicate and graceful. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, you are such an inspiration. I love your dedication, tenacity, ambition and boundless energy toward your art. How wonderful that you have these beautiful friends and family to engage as models for your paintings. Fabulous work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful, Maria!!! You painted her so perfectly!!! and I love her pose!!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!