Sunday, April 7, 2013

Red - Just for Fun

Anneliese Hock
6 x 6
Oil on Raymar Panel

Did you ever have one of those days when you have so much to do it is overwhelming???  Instead of doing what you have to get done you do something totally random...something that you don't need to do...something that is just fun???  Well, that is what I did today.  I met my  husband's, cousin's daughter on facebook.  She just cut her hair...a great cut...it is bright red and I just wanted to paint her.  She is adorable and I don't think I captured her "free" spirit totally, but I had a great time with her.  

Tomorrow...back to what HAS to get done...or maybe not ;)

Life is good.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, great color for hair. I love the warmth of this painting. I'm sure she loves that you captured her in oils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent portrait, Maria! Wonderful colors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Maria - for choosing painting instead of an overwhelming list of chores! THAT'S what I call a free spirit! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!