Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thirty in Thirty Series Continues...Adolescence

My 30 in 30 series continues and we have reached adolescence...the point at which youngsters begin their journey into young adulthood.  

For those of you following my blog you will know that I am doing 30 paintings in 30 days depicting stages of life from birth to death.  These are my interpretations....


Smirk
6 x 6
Oil on Board

This is the age at which they come into their own and find their way...they have opinions.  When I was typing the title "Smirk" I noticed the blue hoodie and immediately thought ...ooohhhhhh...smurf...and then rethought that thought...I am sure a teenage would not find it amusing...I digress...let me continue on...


Phone Call

This is the age where communication is key and cell phones are a must.  Opinions fly...


Wide Eyed Innocence 

The age where they know much more than we give them credit for...but they think they know much more than they actually do.


Express Yourself

The age where it is important to identify with your peers in the form of tattoos and piercings.  Faddish jewelry and clothing helps adolescents identify with causes and groups important to them.



Earbuds

The ever present and all important ear buds are a staple of every day life. 

Adolescence is wonderful and horrible at the same time.  It is hard to find yourself, to be an individual, to be part of a group and maintain integrity.  Young people always find their way...their path is not often a straight line but the challenges they navigate are what forms them into the exciting, successful adults they will become.  

I am loving this series and learning so very much.  I can't wait to continue.


1 comment:

  1. Maria, this collection has showcased the development of your skills. Well done! I can't wait to hear about Hilton Head and see what you bring back!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!