Sunday, September 9, 2012

Trepidation

Trepidation
9 x 12
Oil on Raymay Panel
Private collection in Florida

This little girl was at a pool party in her very best party dress.  She was eyeing her surroundings with skepticism...not sure of which way to go next.  In her arms was a mama smurf stuffed doll.  She lifted her beautiful dress to dip her feet in the water but wasn't sure whether or not to proceed.  I just loved the look on her face and her little turned in feet.  

I don't remember whether or not she decided to plunge her tootsies into the pool, but I do know that if she did she would be happy with herself for facing her fears.  Life is all about challenging yourself.  I am constantly pushing myself to do things that I think I cannot do.  

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” 
― Helen KellerThe Open Door


1 comment:

  1. so true. life is all about adventure which means getting out of your comfort level. Learned early it will reward you for life. I know that expression on her face well!!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!