Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stay Safe, My Sweet Son


Stay Safe, My Sweet Son
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel
NFS

It has been said that I wear my heart on my brush and that was very true today.  I waxed nostalgic and started thinking about my children when they were younger.  It started when I read multiple FaceBook posts about the trials and tribulations of young ones returning to school.  It made me think about taking my boys to school...making sure they found their rooms and were safe and secure.  

I still worry...I still want my children to be safe and secure...

4 comments:

  1. I love this portrait, Maria. Beautiful work and beautiful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice work Maria and I know how much you love this subject. I'll say a prayer to keep him safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great portrait Maria! Love how you handled the edges.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!