Sunday, August 12, 2012

Say Cheese - Demo from Second Saturday Art Walk


Say Cheese
9 x 12
Oil on Raymar Panel
$150.00


I had a great time at the Second Saturday Art walk at Lorton Workhouse Arts Center.  I was fortunate to be able to do a painting demonstration so I chose this fun piece.  When taking source photos in downtown DC I like to take pictures of people taking pictures.  The poses and contortions of the photographers are priceless.  I loved this little girl posing for her dad.  

This is the beginning of the demo and, yes, I am wearing my "Artists Helping Artists" apron.  AHA is hosted by Leslie Saeta who offers a wealth of information for artists.  It is an invaluable resource for any artist or anyone interested in artwork.


I was so happy to see many familiar faces and meet so many new friends that walked the galleries.  Lorton Workhouse Arts Center is such a great historic site to visit.  The history is fascinating and the artwork is varied and magnificent!  And on second saturday's they serve lots of food!  


Here is a close up of my progress.  It was fun to see this little painting come to life and see the delight on everyone's face as I added colors and discussed the why's and what's of my process.  


I am nearing the end of a perfect evening...and this is where I found out I won first place in the People's Choice awards!  The painting that won is titled "Barefoot Ballerina" and can be seen if you click the link.  

It was a fabulous evening full of friends, fun, food and, of course, my demo!  I can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Maria!! A well deserved award for Barefoot Ballerina! It's great to see you in the photos painting Say Cheese. What a fun time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you just the Bee's Knees! Hugs and congratulations! I also love taking photos of people taking photos - but haven't been brave enough to paint them. You will be my inspiration! Keep going! I hope you passed out a lot of business cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really cool event. congrats on the award. Keep on painting, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like afun weekend. Great job! Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Congratulations! Looks like a fun evening and great exposure. I like the second picture where you're painting and we can see your paintings on the wall behind you! Boy Girl! You are working that business plan, you continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!