Monday, May 12, 2014

Marissa - Study for a larger piece - featured on Design in Third Person's blog



Marissa - Study for a larger piece
10 x 10
Donated to the March 150 show

This piece was painted on a wooden panel and donated to the March 150 fundraiser for the Target Gallery at the Torpedo Factory.  I have been painting and donating pieces to this cause for a couple of years now and I am pleased that my paintings have all sold.  This year  Linda Kotis purchased my work along with some other pieces which are all featured on her blog Design in Third Person.  You can see the blogpost HERE.  Thank you so much Linda for featuring my work on your blog!  

Here is a link to more information about Linda and her business Design in Third Person.  In a nutshell she writes a website and blog that will provide information and resources related to home design derived from Linda’s core principles (Buy Local or American-Made; Use Original Artwork; Understand History of Design; and Embrace Value Propositions).  Well worth a look! 



Marissa - Study for a Larger Piece 2
10 x 10
Donated to the March 150 show

This is the companion piece to the one above.  When I do these small studies my goal is to see if the composition works and to make sure I line up the figure correctly.  It really helps for planning purposes.  When working on larger pieces I am more aware of placement, darks and lights and defining edges.  

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful study, Maria. I think this would be amazing in a larger piece!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!