Monday, August 5, 2013

The Way



The Way
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel
$500

I love these nuns and I love that I was able to capture them as they were directing each other.  They were sight seeing and it was a horrendously hot day...I cannot imagine that they were not sweltering in their habits...but they must be used to it.  I followed for a while knowing that I would love to paint the black head pieces and white robes...what fun!

When we spotted the three nuns Bruce and I were taking source photos...we saw them from a distance so I took off running to catch up and possibly get some pictures!  Bruce has a torn meniscus...so he stayed behind...little did I know that he was taking pictures of me running after them.  I had on a red dress and straw hat so you know I looked pretty inconspicuous as I trotted along...camera in hand...trying to get the perfect shot!



Here I am...running!

7 comments:

  1. Amen! What more is there to say- love it-fun and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Bruce thanks for this view! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Bruce thanks for this view! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. Love seeing you running in red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, Maria! I imagine my husband would've done the same thing!! LOL... Beautiful painting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one! The fabric looks so touchable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Great painting of the sisters. Totally worth running for.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!