Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Wedding Guest with an Aristocratic Air!



Wedding Guest
16 x 20
Oil on Raymar Panel
$600

A few years ago we were fortunate to be invited to a wedding in England.  I loved it for so many reasons.  I was able to see England from a different perspective...not just the usual tourist attractions...I was able to visit the countryside.  What a treat!   The wedding was magnificent and, of course, the wedding guests were just fabulous.  So many hats and interesting outfits.  It was fashionista's dream!  I took many, many source photos!  I just fell in love with this woman...she had such an aristocratic air about her...I just had to include her in my "Weddings" featured artist show at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton, Virginia.  She will be there surrounded by brides, grooms, bridesmaids, flower girls and groomsmen.  The reception is June 8th at 6...if you are in the area!  


Here she is just getting ready.  I massed in the large areas of the painting and then honed in on the features and began on that hat.  I DO love that hat!  

I am having such fun with this Wedding series!  I will be posting  the paintings that will comprise the show for the next couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I love that hat too! She looks very glamorous.

    What a great series and I can't wait to see more! You have been really busy. I'm so happy for you about your show and I wish I could come. Sending you best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A series of women with hats would be perfect, Maria!! This is a beautiful painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting Maria, and yes, she is very aristocratic. I like her expression and it is great to see how she started life on canvas. Whereabouts was the wedding? Just curious because I was born in England and I am a proud Brit so I am always pleased to hear people say they loved it when they visited the country. Thanks for sharing and hope everything goes well with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting! You caught such an air about her! Love the hats too!! Would be a fabulous series!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!