Thursday, June 14, 2012

Safe - in Grandpa's Arms


"Safe - in Grandpa's Arms"
20 x 24
Oil on Canvas

Of course I loved painting that shock of tangled, wild, blonde hair!  I could have worked on it forever...but it was the proud look on Grandpa's face that totally sucked me and and begged me to paint this moment.  I can just imagine the safe, comfortable feeling of being wrapped in the arms of your protector...and the joyful emotion elicited from knowing that you are the safe haven.  It looks like heaven to me.

5 comments:

  1. Owww...wonderful moment, and you caught the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like heaven to me too! Beautiful hair! I love the colors and depth in it. It's just like the silky soft hair of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it! Wow:):) Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment, too, and the painting reminds me of being little and thinking my grandfather was the King of the World. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hair is what draws me in!! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!