Monday, April 2, 2018

Don't Fence me in


Don't Fence Me In
16 x 20
Oil on panel

This painting offers a nod to my Rosie the Riveter series with the red polka dot suspenders.  It is essentially about women making their way in the world.  The chair represents a fence and the woman's back is to it as if to ignore that it even exists.   She has a rather androgynous  look indicating that it doesn't make a difference...she is a person.  

Rosie the Riveter, in my humble opinion, led the way for women to enter the work force in a powerful way.  Women realized that they could do whatever they want.  There is never any question that women should get paid as much as men.  I know plenty of women that do...I know women who would not accept less.  Be that woman...don't accept less.  Don't wait for anyone to tell that you are equal.  be equal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!