Monday, March 27, 2017

Pride of the Corps '74 - United States Military Academy

Pride of the Corps '74
20 x 24
Oil on Panel

If you asked my husband where he went to college he would reply "a small school on the Hudson in Upstate New York."  That small school is the Military Academy at West Point.  My husband never brags and never calls attention to himself, He just quietly excels.  He wore this uniform proudly for 4 years and wore an Army uniform proudly for 27 years. 

I painted this study to prepare for a larger piece with someone actually wearing that uniform.  I wish I could say it is my husband's uniform ... but unfortunately I am not a saver...I throw away, clean out, and get rid of stuff.  I was fortunate to be able to borrow this uniform from one of Bruce's classmates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!