Monday, December 14, 2015

Rosie the Riveter


Rosie 
11 x 14
Oil on Raymar Panel

I attended a photo shoot in Lancaster County ,Pennsylvania that featured models dressed in 40's and 50's clothing reminiscent of "Rosie the Riveter".  Rosie was an iconic figure during the World Wars that showed women working in traditional male venues.  They worked on aircraft, automobiles, tanks, heavy equipment filling the void wherever needed.  Amazing women who help secure our freedom.

The shoot was great fun...it included models and lots of period props to include and old steam engine.  The shoot was set up by Lerro Productions.  I have hundreds of source photo and I use them for references for different scenarios...but this one was done just for fun. I love the look on her face.  I can see her looking for something "more."  I was working on skin tones and shapes.  When I work from photos like this I often use my own features to check planes of the head...I try to set up lighting to mimic the scene.   So if she kind of looks like a relative...that would be why.  When I can't have a model in my studio I am amazed at how creative I can get to try to learn as much as possible with my limited resources.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!