Sunday, February 9, 2014

Marissa - study for a larger piece.

Marissa - study for a larger piece
10 x 10
Oil on board

NFS

I was fortunate to be able to take many, many photos of my daughter in law, Marissa, for an upcoming series.  I want to focus on figures, anatomy, and facial features and she was kind enough to pose in different outfits and lots of interesting poses.  I will paint her from life and use photos as references when she is not available.

This particular painting is a small study…I want to paint a larger piece and wanted to make sure I like the pose, composition and background.  I will probably make the figure smaller on the canvas with more room over her head…but I am pleased with the placement of her features.  I will probably finish this up tomorrow and then do one or two more studies before I begin on the larger pieces.  

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Maria and it will be amazing in a larger canvas...love the folds in the material and I'm sure Marissa will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great series this will be Maria. How nice you have a daughter-in-law that will set for you. Can't wait to see more.

    Seems you have some really great family members to let you make them subjects of your art. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!