Friday, September 13, 2013

Waiting for Daddy - National Military Spouse Network's First Annual Small Works Show


Waiting for Daddy
16 x 20
Oil on Canvas

$600

This is one of the pieces I am showing at the National Military Spouse Network's First Annual Small Works Show.  The show will be October 19th at the Mary Gates Learning Center in Old Town Alexandria.  The show features works of art by Military Spouses.  I love that the mother in the picture seems to be looking for something and the child is looking at the viewer.  My story...in my head...is that she is waiting for her husband to arrive home to meet his child.  The little one is, of course, oblivious to the whole situation but is distracted by something in the distance.  It was a fun piece to do.  And fun to imagine a joyous reunion.  

My blog will be silent for a while. I am off to Switzerland with some fabulous art friends for 10 fabulous days.  My husband will have to fend for himself!  

So Bon Voyage to me!!!  

5 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful Maria... I love it! Enjoy your holiday and have a fantastic time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Maria, my eye goes right to that sweet babies face. Gosh have a great time in Switzerland, I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The baby's face is so sweet!

    Have a fantastic time in Switzerland! Can't wait to hear all about it and see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet painting. You captured a great moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Maria!!! Enjoy your trip to Switzerland!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yayyy!!! Thanks for commenting!